Review: Wantfeet Clip Store

I'm going to do something a little different today, which is to review the Wantfeet STORE (specifically their "stuck" category), rather than a specific video. The reason for that is simple: All of their videos are virtually the same, and it's nearly impossible for me to tell them apart. 

Now...that may sound a little harsh, but does it mean their videos are bad? Not exactly. The video quality and lighting are competent, the models are attractive in my biased opinion from the little bit you get to see them, and they use a good amount of "glue" (which appears to be primarily melted gummy candy). That's all fine. The problems, in my opinion are a.) a glaring absence of variety between the scenes and b.) a lack of energy and enthusiasm from the models. The struggling, if you can even call it that, is mostly just the models pulling their feet up slowly and putting them back down, with little regard for whether the goo breaks or not. The stories are nonexistent - One scene I purchased was called "Catwoman stuck" because...actually, forget it. I don't know why. The model, while admittedly a bit more energetic and vocal than the others, wasn't wearing a catsuit or even a mask or ears that could be considered remotely catlike. She WAS wearing a shiny dress that looked vaguely like the same material as the Catwoman suit in one of the Batman movies from the 90s, so maybe that was it?

To put it bluntly: If you just want to see close-ups of feet squishing around in sticky goo while a bored-sounding woman with an ambiguous European accent says "f*#k" a couple of times, you might be content with this studio's copy/paste approach to production. If you're like me and variety, performance, and at least the hint of a plot matter to you, I'd look elsewhere.

To be fair...there's a BIT of variety. A few of their older videos take place beside a bed or sofa, and a few feature nylons rather than just bare feet. The camera occasionally pans up and you're treated to a glimpse of the person attached to the feet, which is always welcome, but I'd estimate that about 90% of the scenes are closeups of feet standing in the same brownish goo in the same metal pan in front of the same kitchen island. 

Full disclosure: I've only purchased four full scenes, and I've watched at least 25 more previews (or did I watch the same five previews five times each?), so it's possible that I'm missing something...but I don't think I am. Again, the scenes aren't terrible...I'd even recommend that you buy one or two of them if the thumbnails and previews appeal to you because they're reasonably priced and we're in a bit of a stuck content drought at the moment. But I feel pretty confident that once you've seen a few, you've seen them all.

You can visit the WantFeet C4S store here if you want to check them out for yourself. I'll be keeping an eye on their output and will circle back with a dedicated review if I spot anything noteworthy. 

Overall grade at the time of this publication (January 2024): C

Comments

Popular Posts