Double Feature: Stuck on Stage and Sticky Chaos, by Immobile Concepts

It might seem a little unfair of me to lump videos together for reviews, or in the case of my last post, to review an entire store. While there's a valid argument to be made there, I do this in the hope that my words might have a positive influence, no matter how infinitesimally small, on content creation, whether it's from producers reading these opinions and changing their strategies, or consumers reading them and rethinking where their money goes. It's a stretch, I know, but I persist regardless. 

In this case, the reason I'm combining scenes into a single review is that Immobile Concepts has released a new batch of videos, and as usual, my feelings on them are mixed. Mostly, this is cause for celebration as there's no denying the fact that we're in quite a dry period when it comes to new sticky content, and Immobile always does reliable work. That said, the two videos I'm writing about today, "Stuck on Stage" and the inaccurately titled "Sticky Chaos" are virtually the same scene, aside from a few minor (IMO) differences. They both begin with a new performer, Ksenia, walking into a glue trap. In "Stage" it's hot melt glue, and in "Chaos", it's the "new" Catchmaster. In "Stage", she's barefoot, and in "Chaos", she starts out with strappy high heels (which I know will be significant to some viewers). In "Stage" she's wearing a dress, and in "Chaos" she's wearing a...different dress. Unfortunately, and it pains me to say this, Ksenia simply fails to deliver any sort of remotely captivating performance. Ten or fifteen years ago, a pretty model walking around in glue was fairly mind blowing, but now, there are just SO MANY talented f3tish performers out there that I can't quite wrap my head around why Immobile chose to hire this person who is utterly devoid of any sort of energy or personality (at least on camera). 

As my favorite high school teacher once said to me during a scathing lecture that will haunt me forever, "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed." The scenes aren't bad: The glues both look great, and as always, I want to give credit to Immobile for going big and getting some adhesives (x-way, hot melt, etc) that literally no other producers are using for this purpose. The new Catchmaster seems to have a combination of elasticity and tensile strength that we haven't seen in any other substance before (see my review of the charming "Rat Glue Debut" by Red Rebel Studios for more on that). The hot melt doesn't seem to have quite the same grip that it did way back when we saw Mandy step in it for the first time, but it's still a strong impediment to Ksenia's forward motion. Fans who enjoy close-ups of bare feet will have plenty to enjoy in both scenes, and Ksenia isn't hard on the eyes, if that's your type. Her struggling isn't bad either - there's a stoic authenticity to it that makes it clear that lifting her feet up from the sticky messes isn't easy, even if she's completely silent and expressionless as she does it. To Immobile's credit, he even tries to talk to her a bit at the end of Sticky Chaos, but he gets one word and maybe a half-smile from her in response. From a technical perspective, the camera work, lighting, video quality are all pretty solid. The focus is largely on the feet, but there's some variety. 

I doubt that Immobile reads these reviews, but if he does, I would urge him to focus on hiring talented performers and/or people with big personalities in the future, rather than just pretty models. There are more than enough kinky weirdos out there who would jump at the chance to get stuck in some glue for a buck and give the audience either a convincing performance or some fun banter.

My verdict: If you want an enthusiastic performance, save your money and buy the new Eden clips Immobile just released instead. It's nice to see a new face, but the lack of any sort of screen presence will likely have your attention drifting before the scene ends. If you just want to see a pretty person struggling listlessly and have the cash to throw around, have at it, you could do a lot worse. Both scenes can be purchased on the Immobile Concepts Clip Store for $27.99 each.

My grades: Stuck on Stage: C, Sticky Chaos: C+

Comments

Popular Posts